Sunday, August 31, 2014

True Thanksgiving

I come to you with a question this morning, how can I not thank God for the incredible things that he has done in my life. How can I not thank Him for the beauty of the rising sun, or the intent behind and artists brushstrokes? How can I not be thankful for the people in my life that I don't deserve, how can I not be thankful for words when I don't know what to say? For strength when I've come to the end of my strength? How can I not be praising the King of kings in my every waking moment when it is so evident all that He has done for me, and all that He has done for you? How has being thankful become an outdated concept in this world, when that is literally almost the only thing that we can give back to God?


So this morning I have one challenge for you, to say thank you, to make a list of the things you know were given to you, and still be thankful for the things that you DON'T know! Be thankful for your difficulties and trials, and the pain that makes you stronger! Say, " Praise The Lord, for His plans are not my plans, His ways are not my ways, and His thoughts are not my thoughts!" For that kind of glory my friends, is reigning in your lives today, right here, and right now! And He is telling you how He cares for your heart, how He loves being with you, and all He asks is for you to simply know Him! And when you know Him, you cannot HELP but thank Him, because if you know Him, you know true love, a love that nothing and nobody else could ever provide you with! So thank you Lord, for always being greater than I could ever expect!

No comments:

Post a Comment