Sunday, May 4, 2014

Amazing God

In Matthew 8, a Roman guard asks Jesus to heal his servant, and Jesus says, "take me to him." But this is how the guard responds.


But the officer said, “Lord, I am not worthy to have you come into my home. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed. I know this because I am under the authority of my superior officers, and I have authority over my soldiers. I only need to say, ‘Go,’ and they go, or ‘Come,’ and they come. And if I say to my slaves, ‘Do this,’ they do it.” When Jesus heard this, he was amazed. Turning to those who were following him, he said, “I tell you the truth, I haven’t seen faith like this in all Israel! (Matthew 8:8-10 NLT)


The word I want you to notice in this passage is "amaze". It mean to be surprised, to be caught off guard! Can you imagine, to have that kind of faith, that catches Jesus, the son of God Himself, off guard!? For He hadn't seen faith like this in ALL of Israel. That means not even His disciples had that kind of faith.


So Father, I pray for every one of your followers today, that we may have an increase of faith, to actually amaze you, because you are so worthy of our faith. We want to be a light in this world, and we can't do that without faith, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment