Sunday, August 31, 2014

The joys of facing persecution

There is something wrong, when I see a believer, walking around living a perfect life with no struggles! This sounds harsh, I know, but it's true isn't it? We are blatantly told in scripture that those who follow the living God WILL face trials and persecution! So what am I saying? I'm saying, it is time to stop living in your little cave of "me and God" and start going out into this world and making a change in peoples lives! It is when we really start making a difference that the devil begins to attack us, because he is scared and knows we are a threat! 


Today, my fellow warriors, I am making a call to war! Come out of your shell that you have been hiding in, make the devil hate you! For it is by loving Gods people that this happens! I am calling you to make a difference in this world, to speak into peoples lives, even when it seems futile! Even if it means losing something dear to you! When The apostle Paul made a choice to fully and radically follow Christ, he had to face trials, he spoke to his students and he said, "I have been warm and I have been cold, I have been starving, and I have been fed, I have had everything I could ever want, and I have had nothing, and I have learned to be content in these things, for I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!"


Let's have that radical faith that puts us in want! That radical faith that causes us to have enemies and to face trials! And that radical faith that says, "I don't care about these things, for God is my strength!" Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment