Sunday, August 31, 2014

Knowing what to say

In 1 Peter 3:15 it says to be ready to answer questions about your faith, to answer why you have hope! And I put forth this, do not be content with simply saying my hope is in Jesus Christ who died for me, but instead to say, I have hope in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob! I have hope in the God who calls upon the broken and the weak and turns them into greatness, in the God who has so much love for His children, that even when they deliberately turn away, He calls then back with open arms and says, "My child was dead, but now he has returned and is alive again!" I have faith in the God who took 300 men with torches and pots to defeat an army of 150,000 trained warriors! And I have faith in the God, who sent His one and only begotten son Jesus Christ, to be beaten, whipped, and crucified, for me; if it were just me, He still would have made that sacrifice! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment